Sunday, October 20, 2013

Manic Movie Mondays

So something you might not know about me; I'm a movie fanatic. I'm a bibliophile for sure, but I'm also a sucker for a great movie. In fact, I think we have around 200-300 DVDs in our house. So Mondays will be movie review days. Now, I use the term "review" very loosely, because I don't plan on formally critiquing any movies, but instead telling you all my favorites and why they are my favorites.

Today's movie is a classic and pretty much defines the era I grew up in and all the things I loved about it.



The Breakfast Club. All the elements that made the 80's movies so amazing; the clothes, the music, the pot smoking, the cars, The Brat Pack. Those were the days. I'm sure everyone feels that way about their favorite decade, but a large part of me really wishes I was in my 20s in the 1980s. I think I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more, I would have fit in there so much better and I for sure would have been more trendy at that point in time. I remember watching this movie with my best friend in high school, Julia, and all the hilarious inside jokes we made from those times. I remember that care-free feeling and the excitement of young love and learning what the world was REALLY about. I try to hang on to those moments as best I can. The years have robbed me of some of those memories, but I refuse to snuff out that youthful excitement and the idea of letting my heart think for me sometimes. It's definitely something I think we take for granted as young kids, and something we hope to hold on to as adults. Anyways, if you haven't seen this movie, do it. It's hilarious, profound, and has a great cast. I'm going to leave you with probably the #1 reason why this movie is so great:


No comments:

Post a Comment