Monday, October 14, 2013

Blog The First

Hello! And welcome to my inaugural blog as a freelance editor. Seeing as the English language is my drug and editing is my true love, I wanted to share that with people who understand the fickle addiction that is literature.

A little bio: 

I'm married since 2003, with one boy-child named William. He is diabetic, ADHD and high functioning autistic. I have had a series of inherently unsatisfying J.O.B.s (Just Over Broke) and getting unjustly fired 4 days before Christmas in 2012 was the final straw. I vowed never to work for anyone but myself ever again. Not to mention, having the flexibility to be at my child's beck and call has given me a security that can't be topped. I'm nerdy; I love Star Wars, Big Bang Theory and science. I understand the English language and for me, reading Shakespeare is like reading Green Eggs and Ham. I'm not bragging. I'm good at something and I'm proud of it. More people should think like that. Humility and pride can be good partners, if executed properly. There's not much else, I live a pretty mundane and safe existence.

I have also taken on a couple of home-based businesses that are a lot of fun:
Mary Kay consultant: www.marykay.com/kellsworth4
It Works! distributor: https://kristyl.myitworks.com


So earlier this year, I read a book written by someone I had been friends with in high school. I loved it, but I noticed that a lot of her reviews were nit-picking at her editing. So I approached her and offered to edit her book. The rest is history and Kristy Ellsworth: Freelance Editor was born. 

My goals are truly to help the little guy like me. I would like to cater to indie authors and amateurs who can't afford the thousands of dollars it could take to have a professional editor take over your precious work. I just want to make enough to help my husband pay our ridiculous electricity bill and our mortgage. Humble needs, really. And very much what I think most people want: just to live comfortably and happily. 

So I'm going to wrap this up with a few links to the super awesome chick that lit the literary fire under me and my new partner in crime, Meredith Pritchard. (Note: Do not read your paper books near an open flame, they do not make good bedfellows.) If you want to get to know me better, are interested in having me look over your work for editing, or if you want to know more about Mary Kay or It Works products, feel free to email me at klellsworth22@gmail.com.

Here is her blog:
http://secretlifeofatownie.blogspot.com/

And here are her books, which are also currently available at Barnes and Noble:
The Phoenix Project (Part 1)

The Reformation (The Phoenix Project Part 2)



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment